Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Introduction to the Intern

I'm Holly Prell, the new Global Research Intern at Starcom MediaVest Group. How did I get here? Well, if you're really interested, it all started out when we Millenials were mere youngens...

You see, my dad deemed me the "weasel" of the family at a young age. He told me I always knew how to weasel my way into things. I didn't really know quite what he meant by that at the time, so I never gave it much consideration. It wasn't until High School when I realized that being a weasel had some potential.

I was sitting in my favorite class, Media Studies. It was the day we were learning about advertising appeals and claims. "And next is the weasel word," said my teacher. Well that sparked my attention! I had suddenly realized that my father had branded me with the same name as an advertising strategy. It was then that I realized that Advertising is what I was meant to do.

From there I decided that the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign had the best advertising program for me. By December 2010, in and out of there in three and a half years, I will graduate with a bachelors degree in Advertising, a minor in Sociology, and a background in Statistics.

Normally that would be a thorough description, but everyone always asks me: Why Statistics? The answer is simple. I like to be creative and to to analyze consumer behaviors, but I also like to do math and to solve problems. So there we have it, a combination of all - advertising research.

No comments:

Post a Comment